Friday, September 06, 2013

Celebrity Crushes

A few weeks ago, I did a little Friday fun article about cute guys with puppies.  It's been a tough news week this week (and felt oddly long for a four-day work week, didn't it?), and so I figured I'd do something in a similar vein for y'all today.

Perhaps the best party question that anyone can bring up to tie a bunch of people together is to ask "who is your celebrity crush?"  Everyone has one-even other celebrities.  And because I'm always trying to get some comments (hint, hint) and get a conversation going, I figured that I'd go with my favorite celebrity crushes.

But I couldn't quite decide on how to do it, because limiting yourself to just one seemed a bit cruel and unusual.  So I decided to pick my crushes from different mediums.  Here's who I came up with-share yours in the comments!



Movies: Honestly, movie stars are so beautiful it's hard to pin down just one crush choice, isn't it?  I think right at the moment it's either Michael Fassbender or Michael B. Jordan, both of whom are super talented (I like guys with a little substance), but there's always a place for Colin Farrell, who has been my celeb crush since I was a teenager, and despite some rocky times (anyone see that movie where he was in the phone booth?), we're still going strong.


Television: This could go one of two ways-I obviously love Darren Criss and Chord Overstreet, as anyone who reads my Glee recaps can attest, but Adam Driver, who plays the disturbing and honest Adam Sackler on Girls has become a huge favorite over the last year, so I think I'd probably go with all three.


Music: This was going to be just Frank Ocean (I've been thinking about you...), but last night I got into a Chelsea Lately YouTube vortex, and saw her interview with Drake from a few years back, and with those eyes, I have to include him too.


Literature: Some of you may not feel the same way, but I have crushed on Dave Eggers since the first time I read one of his books (like I said, talent is sexy).  Plus, I like curly-haired guys.


Politics: Picking Aaron Schock would make me a horrible person, wouldn't it?  It would, right?  Okay, I'll skip him then, and go with a Democrat: former Kansas Secretary of Agriculture Joshua Svaty.


YouTube: Again, lots of choices here, but this one I'm not going to hedge between multiple people: The Lean Machines' John Chapman has to be it.


Athletics: I feel really bad leaving Andy Murray out, considering what a terrible day he had yesterday, so I'm going to put both him and Nathan Adrian here.


Journalism: It might be stretching to include Entertainment Weekly as journalism (or journalists as celebrities), but box office wizard Grady Smith is so cute that I'll make an exception.


Fictional: Shut up-we all have crushes on fictional characters!  For most people, it's Mr. Darcy, but for me, it's the Human Torch.  This is a childhood crush, and though I've never seen the movie because of my love of the Human Torch and Fantastic Four in general, I still approve of Chris Evans playing the character.

And now I'm turning it over to you fine people-we'll be having a return to serious topics this weekend, finishing up our last entry in the 2012 OVP, reviewing a variety of movies, and discussing the Colorado State Senate recalls, but before we jump into that, let's have some fun-who are your celebrity crushes?

No comments: