Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympic Image(s) of the Day: Day 4

I'm including two again, because I have much love for so many of the performers.  Go Missy!  Go Michael!  Go spectacularly tall Matt Grevers!  Here are two of my favorites:



I chose this one because it looks like three world-class athletes actually enjoying themselves and representing both excellence and their countries to the highest.  From left to right are: Emily Seebohm of Australia with the Silver, Missy Franklin of the United States with the gold, and Aya Terakawa of Japan with the bronze, all for the 100 meter backstroke.


Yesterday I included my new favorite gymnast Gabby Douglas.  Today I have to include my other new favorite gymnast, Danell Leyva.  Yes, he didn't do quite as well on the pommel horse, but his floor routine was breath-taking, and the fact that he can balance like that is just crazy (seriously-how do they do this?!?).  He'll have his chance on the horizontal bar and the men's all-around in the days ahead.

No comments: