Sunday, September 09, 2007

Madeleine L'Engle Finds Her Wrinkle in Time

Growing up, I was not that into children's literature. I was all obsessed with taking on those classics of literature with a capital L; Dickens, Austen, and the Brontes were a mainstay on my bookshelf. So, during my junior year, I decided to investigate all of the classics of children's literature, and bar none, one of my favorites were the books of Madeleine L'Engle. A Wrinkle in Time, A Wiind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, and An Acceptable Time, all of the books of the Time Quintet, are marvelously in-depth works of literature for any age, and well worth a trip to your local library or B&N. The author, Madeleine L'Engle, passed away on September 6th (not a good summer for entertainers I love), and with this, she has left a gaping hole in the world of letters.

1 comment:

adam k. said...

Wow, yeah, with Jane Wyman dying now too, it's really not a good time for the elderly legends. But at least we'll have an interesting "in memorium" at the oscars next year.

I was also a fan of L'Engle's books as a kid. Maybe I should read them again.