Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Top 10 Favorite Femme Fatales

There is literally no film character trope I love more than the femme fatale.  Thankfully the "femme fatale" trope is not always literal as many of the women that are considered "femme fatales" don't exactly end up being the killers, just leading our heroes to dangerous situations, so I feel like I can do this list without having to worry too much about revealing spoilers.  As a way to kick off my vacation (I'm on vacation if you're reading this within a week of it being published!), I wanted to countdown my ten favorite femme fatales of cinema, in order (though not necessarily in order of best performance, but instead within the confines of this...you know what, just enjoy the list and provide your own, and recommendations of underrated femme fatales as I am always looking for recommendations!).


10. Ann Blyth in Mildred Pierce


9. Kim Novak in Vertigo


8. Gloria Grahame in Crossfire


7. Rita Hayworth in The Lady from Shanghai


6. Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard


5. Rita Hayworth in Gilda


4. Jane Greer in Out of the Past


3. Faye Dunaway in Chinatown


2. Barbara Stanwyck in Double Indemnity


1. Gene Tierney in Laura

No comments: