Friday, February 03, 2017

100 Random Questions Quiz

If you're like me, you've had a particularly long week, and so instead of a review (I promise, they're coming, but I have a bit of the writer's block right now and can't make it happen), I figured we'd do a GTKY Friday instead.  Here are 100 questions I got from here-please feel free to join in the comments!

1.      Who is your hero? Robert Kennedy, Martin Scorsese, and my parents
2.      If you could live anywhere, where would it be? New York City
3.      What is your biggest fear? He was elected in November, so biggest unrealized fear...I'm not fond of high open spaces.
4.      What is your favorite family vacation? A cruise in the Bahamas when I was 14.
5.      What would you change about yourself if you could? I'd be less of a hypochondriac, and taller.  Like not tall, but maybe three inches taller would be swell.
6.      What really makes you angry? People who don't vote.
7.      What motivates you to work hard? A To Do List is my elixir of life.
8.      What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to have a lot of To Do lists.
9.      What is your biggest complaint about your job? I have coworkers who read this, so...nothing.  Absolutely. nothing.
10.  What is your proudest accomplishment? Coming out of the closet.
11.  What is your child's proudest accomplishment? I'm going to say existing when he or she decides to do that.
12.  What is your favorite book to read? Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
13.  What makes you laugh the most? Quality sitcoms, namely Happy Endings, Community, and Bob's Burgers lately.
14.  What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Passengers, and click here to find out.
15.  What did you want to be when you were small? A pirate.
16.  What does your child want to be when he/she grows up? Seriously-another child question.  Was this quiz written by my mother?
17.  If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? I'd be Oscar Isaac's boyfriend.
18.  What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Tennis to watch, swimming to play.
19.  Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Ride a bike
20.  What would you sing at Karaoke night? "Midnight to Train to Georgia"
21.  What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? NPR...and silence.
22.  Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Wash Dishes...who picks clean the bathroom?!?
23.  If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? I have an apartment and love to cook, so cleaning.  Definitely cleaning.
24.  If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Am I going to gain weight off of this?  Because if not, spaghetti...if so, probably spaghetti, but I'd have less of it.
25.  Who is your favorite author? Charles Dickens
26.  Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Opie, Dimple, and Johnny have all made the rounds.
27. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I HATE surprises, as I am a bit OCD about being prepared.
28. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read? Watch a movie.  The answer is always a movie.
   29. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Weirdly I decided this yesterday, and it's going to be Hawaii...despite me always assuming it'd be Alaska.
   30. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why? Lottery-I can find fulfillment outside of work in this situation.
   31. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? Oscar Isaac
   32. If money was no object, what would you do all day? Watch movies, cook, swim, write, & repeat.
   33. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? 1982, to see my parents get married.

   34. How would your friends describe you? I just asked one of my friends, and she said "smart."  So we're going with that. :)
   35. What are your hobbies? Reading, writing, cooking, swimming, and lately more travel than usual, which is nice.
   36. What is the best gift you have been given? "The greatest gift of all is having you for a daughter"...or a DSM-IV TR.  No, for real.
   37. What is the worst gift you have received? A pencil holder that broke on the car ride home.
   38. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Is it bad that this is my phone?  I'm seriously addicted to my phone.
   39. List two pet peeves. People who ask me to move on a plane or a movie theater-I picked my seat, you should have planned ahead if you wanted it.  And people who say "there's no difference between the two parties" because they are morons.
   40. Where do you see yourself in five years? Hopefully alive.  I've found that's the only reasonable expectation you can have to this question.
   41. How many pairs of shoes do you own? If sandals don't count, three.  Otherwise four.  I'm not a shoe person.
   42. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? Who doesn't pick flying here?  If only to save on having to go to the airport.
   43. What would you do if you won the lottery? I have a plan for this written down somewhere (seriously-I'm as Type A as they come), but would live in NYC half the year and on a lake the other half, and would write and live a plush but relatively conservative life.  With multiple dogs and urban chickens.
   44. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.) Bus...though boat is best when that's an option.
   45. What's your favorite zoo animal? Pandas or wolves
   46. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be? I'd publish the election night results two weeks in advance, and then start campaigning like a mad man in Wisconsin.
   47. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? I used to make fun of people who did this, but I'd probably pick family (some dead, some living) and loved ones that I could reunite over spaghetti.  If that's too corny, then Marlon Brando (circa 1951), James Madison, Edith Wilson, and Queen Elizabeth I, as I have some questions for three of them and would try to convince Brando to make out with me.
   48. How many pillows do you sleep with? Four, and that number also includes like five blankets-I have a very specific sleeping regiment.
   49. What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)? I want to say it bordered on 60 hours, and it was a cross-country bus ride where I literally couldn't sleep on the bus as it was too uncomfortable.
   50. What's the tallest building you've been to the top in? Sears Tower, or whatever they call it now.

51. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I'd rather keep what I've got, but can I know what it's like to be obscenely beautiful for like a week before I make that a final decision.
   52. How often do you buy clothes? Never.  I hate clothes shopping.  My clothes literally survive until they are filled with holes.
   53. Have you ever had a secret admirer? You tell me. ;)
54. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve
   55. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Come out of the closet.
   56. What was the last thing you recorded on TV? It's 31 Days of Oscar, so inevitably you'll hear about it sometime soon.
   57. What was the last book you read? United by Cory Booker
   58. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Does pastry count?
   59. Are you a clean or messy person? I'd say a messy person trying to change that.
   60. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Someone who is smart enough to cast Oscar Isaac as my love interest.
   61. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Quite literally ten minutes.  I have it down.
   62. What kitchen appliance do you use every day? My stove?
   63. What's your favorite fast food chain? Five Guys or Shake Shack
   64. What's your favorite family recipe? Either no-bake cookies or peanut butter fudge.
   65. Do you love or hate rollercoasters? Love, love, love.
   66. What's your favorite family tradition? As I've gotten older, all of them.  Except saying what I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving.
   67. What is your favorite childhood memory? Playing in the barn or going out on rides in the woods.
   68. What's your favorite movie? Casablanca
   69. How old were you when you learned Santa wasn't real? How did you find out? Eight, and it was because my aunt left the receipt in the stocking.
   70. Is your glass half full or half empty? Right now it's actually empty.  Literally-I need to get water.
   71. What's the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love? It involves a mall parking lot and a soldier on leave from Iraq...and that's all you really need to know.
   72. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island? A flare gun, a field guide to edible plants, and a teleportation device to bring me Oscar Isaac.
   73. What was your favorite subject in school? Art History
   74. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? Turtle?
   75. Do you collect anything? Gargoyles-I have gargoyles all over my apartment.
76. Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion? I wish I could fit into a lot of my old jeans more than I wish they were in fashion.
   77. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? An introvert, but you have to know me for longer than five minutes to figure that out.
   78. Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest? Smell, maybe?  This is a question I've never considered before.
   79. Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise) Yes, my 19th birthday.

 
 80. Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? No.
   81. What do you do to keep fit? I think this is more of a "what don't I do" sort of answer.
   82. Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken? "All problems can be solved at a Barnes & Noble"
   83. If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce? Universal healthcare
   84. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why? Mrs. Thomas, because you could tell she'd like what she was teaching even if it wasn't for the paycheck, and because she made me see potential in myself that I didn't see.
   85. What three things do you think of the most each day? Movies, politics, and cute guys.
   86. If you had a warning label, what would yours say? "Contents May Be More Eccentric Than They First Appear"
   87. What song would you say best sums you up? "Fast Car" or "Jolene," depending on the day.
   88. What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee? Oscar Isaac
   89. Who was your first crush? Wil Wheaton on Star Trek: Next Generation

90. What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? I'm checking now...a really tall crane.
91. On a scale of 1-10 how funny would you say you are? My sarcasm cannot be measured on a scale.
   92. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? We already did this with five years, and it didn't end well.
   93. What was your first job? Grocery store cashier
   94. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Dixie Chicks, and I'd somehow convince them to make a new album
   95. How many languages do you speak? 1.1 languages
   96. What is your favorite family holiday tradition? Opening presents on Christmas Eve
   97. Who is the most intelligent person you know? I know a lot of intelligent people, several of whom read this, so...perhaps me for being smart enough not to answer this question?
   98. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? A wolf/sea otter combo.
   99. What is one thing you will never do again? Come out of the closet.
 100. Who knows you the best? Oscar Isaac

No comments: