Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pick a Monster, Any Monster...


All right, I've noticed a bit of a drop this week in views on the blog, and so I figured I might shake things up a little bit today for our second post, and try to get a little bit more information out of you, the wonderful reader.

This month is October, and as a result, it's the month of Halloween.  Hollywood has a long history of making great movies for Halloween, from the films of Alfred Hitchcock to John Carpenter to Wes Craven we've frequently been treated to some great moments that make us go bump in the night.  However, when it comes to true classic horror, you cannot beat the magic of Universal Studios and its long history with the monster movie.

During its heyday, Universal Studios made dozens of monster movies, many of them revered classics.  We've profiled perhaps the most famous and beloved of these monsters, Frankenstein, here and here.  However, there is more than just Boris Karloff's famed interpretation of Mary Shelley's work to rely upon-we also have six other major monsters to investigate, and that's what I'm going to do this month, but you're going to help me pick which monster we end up profiling.  Click on the right for a poll of six of the other most famed monsters in Universal Studios collection-you can vote for which one of these six I should review in the coming weeks as we prepare for Halloween (I'll probably do the Top 2, time permitting and assuming enough people vote to get to that high!).  This is our first poll on the site, so if I see enough participation, I'll make this a monthly thing to get more interaction (bonus points go to whichever candidates might get a comment or two).

Let the voting begin!

No comments: