Friday, February 07, 2014

Olympic Images of the Day: Day 1

THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot tell you how excited I am that we're back in the world of the Olympics, and like last time (scroll down a bit and you'll see London), I'll be doing photos of some of my favorite moments of the day after each day's worth of events (I'm finishing up right now on viewing!).


American pairs skaters Simon Shnapir and Marissa Castelli doing some incredible twists.  I'm not going to make all of these photos of figure skaters (mostly because I cannot stand Jeremy Abbott and his dismissiveness of homophobia), but I am in love with Simon and Marissa's crazy 16-inch height difference.


American Gold Medalist Hannah Kearney crushed it in the moguls, setting herself up for the Finals on Saturday to defend her title.


Russian snowboarder Alexey Sobolev poses with his snowboard, which bares the insignia of the band Pussy Riot, members of whom were jailed for their support of GLBT rights and public denouncements against Vladimir Putin.

Those were some of my standout moments from the first day-what were yours?  Are you excited to see the opening ceremonies tomorrow?  Share in the comments!

No comments: