Sunday, January 05, 2014

Grace Helbig is On the Move

Considering how this post has slowly become one of the site's most popular, I figured some of you may be fellow YouTubers, and I felt my civic duty was to do a quick post about one of our favorites making a big move!

As Tyler Oakley, the unofficial Governor of YouTube (if he starts using this title, I call credit), summarized on his Tumblr, Grace Helbig, who is one of the funniest people on YouTube (I watch her literally every single weekday), is being forced off her channel.  You can click on Tyler's link for exact details, but basically Grace's content is owned by a company, My Damn Channel, and Grace wants ownership of the content she is creating every day, but cannot do so with the current channel she is creating content for (which will remain under MDC's ownership).

Unlike most stories like this, though, there appears to be a happy ending: Helbig is moving over to a new channel: It's Grace, which has already gotten over 300k subscribers and hasn't even posted anything other than a promotional video.  I've included the link right here (click and subscribe if you like funny women, hilarious videos, witty banter, or drinking in the morning) and hope that Helbig will quickly amass the 2.5 million subscribers she's worked so hard for over the past few years.  Also, since we're on the subject of our dear Grace (and this is a movie blog), head over to Camp Takota's website, where, along with the hilarious Hannah Hart and Mamrie Hart (no relation, but they're also wonderful so click here for Hannah and here for Mamrie and their channels), she has made her very first film!

Since I haven't asked in a while-is anyone out there looking for more YouTube commentary or posts on this blog?  Sound off in the comments-this has been a big part of my entertainment viewing in the past year, so I'd love to share more if y'all are interested!

No comments: