Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Inside the Actors Studio: My Pivot Questionnaire

While I've been waiting to see the election results of the races in New York and Colorado, I've been intermittently watching YouTube videos of Inside the Actors Studio, and I thought, "I should put my Pivot Questionnaire answers on the blog."  As there is little to no chance that James Lipton will be asking me these in real life, this is probably the best I can get.  So, James, here's what you've been missing:

1. What is your favorite word?
My favorite word to say is probably thistle (try saying it-it's just a delight-it sticks on your tongue and then just pops out).

2. What is your least favorite word?
I'm not one of those people who can't handle hearing "moist" or something like that, so I'll go with something cheeky like "Republican victory" (it's two words, but I've never been nominated for an Oscar, so I'm guessing Bravo won't care).

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Curiosity, newness, and the unknown.  Also NYC, the ocean at night, mountains, curly-haired guys who wear teal, and those beignets they sell at Whole Foods.

4. What turns you off?
Ignorance-and not just the obvious kind.  People who don't want to learn in general bother me.

5. What is your favorite curse word?
Amy Winehouse introduced me to this one (see, name-dropping: I've got this Lipton interview thing down!): fuckery.

6. What sound or noise do you love? 
There's this sort of hush that happens in a crowded movie theater when the previews start where everything gets noticeably silent.  It's wonderful.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?
Someone talking on their cell phone when you're on the bus or the subway.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I have so many passions, I think it'd have to be some sort of hybrid.  I'd be a New York-based screenwriter/novelist who spends his free-time mountain-climbing and French cooking, and in his late 60's serves an 18-month appointed Senate term.  And is happily married to Darren Criss.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Prostitute

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Everyone's waiting for you in the back, and we have an open bar 'til 11.

Those are mine-share yours in the comments!

No comments: