Friday, April 05, 2013

...And I Will Be Buying a Lottery Ticket Today


Just this morning I said that if Joe Donnelly or Heidi Heitkamp went for gay marriage, they were both going to go for it together.  Well, we are now getting reports this morning that yes, indeed, both are backing gay marriage.  That leaves four Democrats in the United States Senate who don't support gay marriage.  Personally, I have to assume that Mary Landrieu is in one awkward position at this point-Pryor and Manchin I personally feel don't back gay marriage, which I've maintained a lot of Senate Democrats did privately for years, and Johnson is leaving office soon and is a hard read on gay rights.  Landrieu, on the other hand, seems fairly obvious in her support of gay marriage, considering her rhetoric and voting record, but hasn't endorsed yet.  Come on Mary-make it happen!

No comments: