Thursday, March 07, 2013

Glee: I Do (#4.14)

Okay, my bad on the delay here.  Yes, my life has been nuts for weeks, and I am officially back to the blog-hopefully I'll have a bunch of posts to celebrate the return this weekend.  Anyway, here's where we last were on Glee...in our favorite live blog format (several weeks after it aired).

Rachel is back, giving Finn some sound advice to just ignore it, and now Emma is saying the same thing.  Jayma Mays is a strong actress-I wish that she would get solid scenes like this more often.  And Cory Monteith rocks the Will wardrobe way better than Matthew Morrison, and how can Will not tell that his fiance desperately needed him?

Jake and Ryder are talking about what they do together for Valentine's Day or something-are they dating now?  Who knows-ooh, Rachel and Finn in the auditorium-awesome time!!!!

Yes, Rachel, Finn does look super cute right now.  Thirty is agreeing with Cory Monteith.

Ahh, Jake and Ryder are singing together in matching pink episodes, and so are Sam and Artie (I don't have anything funny to say about that).  And yes, somehow Marley knows exactly what part of this song she's supposed to be singing, despite this being her surprise present.  God, Glee, it's so bad it's amazing sometimes-and I lurve it.

So Jake apparently is still hung up on Marley?  That's still happening?  Pretty flowers though.

Well, well, well, Kurt and Blaine, randomly and out-of-the-blue making out in the back seat of a Prius? Highly inappropriate, completely uncharacteristic, but Kurt can be forgiven, as we would all say yes to making out with Darren Criss.  And gotta love Mercedes-"how trashy blasphemous this is."

Okay, I know I complain about Jane Lynch (well, everything, but Jane Lynch in particular), but seeing the look on Emma's face and the "oh my god" that utters out her mouth had me laughing uncontrollably.  And now they break out to a brilliant performance from Company-Jayma Mays is totally rocking this episode and has just pulled an Elaine in a taxi cab.

Again, the Becky thing seemed super offensive (why her as the flower girl?), but Sue walking down the aisle (Brittany uttering "you look so good")-pure joy.  Gotta love it.

So they decide to have the reception even though there wasn't a wedding, because that would totally, totally, totally happen.  Hilarious.

Jake and Ryder's bromance is about to break, I have a feeling, as Jake just let Ryder's Cyrano act lead to him potentially sleeping with Marley, which clearly Jake wants to do (sleep with one of them, at least).

Blaine and Kurt singing together-so much fun.  With all of this Tina nonsense (only thirty minutes in and only a passing mention of that travesty), even though I wish they would date other guys a little bit, I'm going to take this and run with it.  If it means Tina's out of my hair, I'm good with it even if it leaves a lot of great story potential off the table.

Oh Kurt, I have never, ever loved you more than I do right now.  "Did you VapoRape my ex-boyfriend?"  The question we have all wanted to ask for the last month.

My bet-Rachel catches it...and it goes to...Rachel.  Perfect guess!  I'm guessing her former fiance is going to take this as a sign they're getting back together.

And apparently he's gotten drunk, cocky, and is mixing bad metaphors.  "Are you telling me you want to be a gardener?"-this episode has a solid amount of one-liners.  And I do agree-we do know how all of this ends-Finn does get Rachel, and I think she knows it.  And I love the clever pull of the flower-definitely "she loves me."

Oh my god, one of my favorite songs of all-time.  I prefer the Bob Seger version, but rocking out the Kenny Rogers/Sheena Easton version is still solid.  It says something about Matthew Morrison's place on this show that it's his wedding episode, and we have focused on his character hardly at all.  Is this a sign that he's leaving Glee?

Rachel and Finn are hooking up in a hotel?  Kurt and Blaine are hooking up in a hotel?  Marley and Jake are hooking up in a hotel?  And, umm, Santana and Quinn are hooking up?!?  And Artie and Emma's snotty cousin are hooking up too?  Apparently everyone's saying "I do" except Emma.

Kurt, quit playing games with Blaine's heart, and how adorable was that bed dive?  And apparently yes, Quinn and Santana have now hooked up-huh, interesting, for certain.  Marley and Jake don't hook up, and Rachel ruins her reconciliation by making Finn feel super cheap by leaving in the middle of the night.

Wait, Brody is a hooker (for what appeared to be $300)?  I know not to get excited about stories on Glee, but I don't think anyone's been a prostitute yet on the show (and this also opens up the inevitable STD plot).

Hooray, the Tina story has been resolved.  And Ryder/Marley/Jake took another step.  Haven't decided yet how this one's going to turn out-Jake and Marley or Marley and Ryder or Ryder and Jake.  We shall see.

Oh right, Emma and Will are still broken up-that was the point of this episode.  And doesn't Emma work at McKinley?  She can't be gone for long.

And that essentially ends this vastly superior episode of Glee (it was always going to be a pickup from last week, but it was actually a good one).   What'd you think?  Do you think Will abandoning his wife to plan their wedding by herself meant he got what he deserved?  Is Rachel suddenly pregnant (and do women really write when their period is in their day calendars)?  And which couples are actually together?  Stay tuned on...Glee!

No comments: