Friday, September 07, 2012

Summer Movie Survey

The fantastic Nathaniel over at the Film Experience has come up with a survey about the cinematic highs and lows of Summer, and as I beat the heat quite often at the cineplex this summer, I thought I'd participate.  Here are my answers:

Best Movie I Saw All Summer:

Casablanca…yes, I know I’m cheating by not picking the sci fi heights of Prometheus or the heart beneath the dancing in Magic Mike or the sheer ambition of The Dark Knight Rises, but I shall not tell a lie-Casablanca is the best movie I see every summer.

Scenes I ♥ So Much I Thought My Heart Would Burst:

1) Every scene where Channing turns on the charm in Magic Mike 2) The dazzling (if confusing) opening to Prometheus 3) The swooping kiss in The Amazing Spider-Man

Major Summer Crush(es): Charlize's eyes, Jeremy Renner's arms, Obama/Biden's policies, and Channing's everything.

Princess Merida, Katness, or Hawkeye?

Merida-come on, how is this a competition?  The girl can take down a fully-grown bear, and Emma Thompson is her mother.  How can you beat that?
At Least The Theater Was Air Conditioned:

Lawless-Shia LaBeouf had better be saving his Transformers royalties if this is the best he can do in a proper dramatic role.

If Only "Hulk" Had Smashed...:

The misguided policies of the GOP

Mash-Up ~Two Summer Characters I'd Like to Introduce:

David from Prometheus and Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman-so much mischief.

Best Old Movie I Saw For the First Time This Summer - Go Me! : I FINALLY got around to Ben-Hur as part of the Oscar Viewing Project, and it lived up.

Rank the "Magic Mike" Strippers:

Mike, first, of course, followed by Ken, the Kid, Big Dick, Dallas, Tito, and Tarzan

Line Reading That Stuck In My Head... “There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.” –the purr-fect Anne Hathaway in The Dark Knight Rises

No comments: