Saturday, August 11, 2012

Olympic Image(s) of the Day: Day 15

I don't mean to sound mean, but Morgan Uceny?  Really?  On Day 14 we saw a man break his leg and still finish his leg.  I know you were no longer in contention for a medal, but you're an Olympic athlete-show some respect for the games and finish your race.


Jordan Burroughs, became the first American to win a gold medal in Wrestling, in a brilliant victory over Iran.

Renaud Lavillenie is the French champion in the Pole Vault, which for me is the coolest of all of the Track & Field events.  Clearing 5.97 meters, somewhere Isaac Newton is rethinking gravity.

I have to say I adored Tom Brokaw's piece on Roger Bannister, a living legend and a classy knight-the first man who ever ran under a 4 minute mile.

And of course, we have to go with the fabulous American women who won the 4x100 m and smashed the world record (from left Tianna Madison, Bianca Knight, Carmelita Jeter, and Allyson Felix).  My favorite, Carmelita, is celebrating below.  


No comments: