Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olympic Images of the Day: Days 5 & 6

Days 5 and 6 are now done in Sochi, and after a fairly solid start, the Americans have taken a bit of a backseat to their European and Canadian counterparts.  Major stars such as Bode Miller and Shaun White have both missed the podium in high profile races.  But that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of great stories (plus, my blog is read by people around the world, and I don't want to just show American favoritism here).


Iouri Podlatchikov (no wonder people call him iPod) took the gold in the race that "Shaun White lost" (if you're from the US, you'll understand that rather insulting headline, as that's what most of the news outlets put instead of iPod's victory).  Also, is it just me or does everyone in snoboarding look like they are in a Neutrogena ad?


Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir (the world's tallest man...I like tall guys, what's it to you?) managed to crack the Top 10 in figure skating, and while there were other, better skaters, I'm really just looking for reasons now to put pictures up of their height difference.


And then of course there were the Mulder Twins in speed skating (I got into a disagreement with my friend Diane about the excitement factor in speed skating, but this is not really my favorite event).  Either way, twin brothers and a Dutch sweep of the podium is worth celebrating, so well done to them.


In fact, I'll drink to that.

That's it out of Sochi-stay tuned for something tomorrow (not sure what's on tonight, but I shall be watching with bells on).  And get better Bob!!!

No comments: