Monday, February 10, 2014

Olympic Images of the Day: Day 4

I stayed up way later than I should have and had way too much spaghetti last night, but it was all worth it to spend time with more Olympics moments (I always have to get off of a high whenever I watch these things-I feel like I'll be doing imaginary triple salchows in my dining room for days).  Here are some highlights:

Okay, I don't have a photo for this one, but can we all just agree that Mary Carillo is the greatest human being on the planet-I love her spunk and candor.  She's like the anti-Scott Hamilton.


I will readily admit that up until last night, I was getting a very Tara Lipinski vibe from Gracie Gold (I'm very much Team Kwan), but she won me over with a vibrant long skate.  I am starting to wonder if she's about to become the next household name of the Olympics-the Americans haven't won a gold medal in the women's figure skating since Sarah Hughes, and the country seems primed for another trip to the podium.


You know those pointless petitions about the Death Star and Justin Bieber people submit to the White House?  Can we start one to get Charlie White and Meryl Davis to be dating?  Because between her grace and poise and his curly blond hair and quads of granite, I think them procreating would create a superhuman that would save mankind.


Jamie Anderson picked up the gold medal, the second for the Americans of the Games, but I'm going to admit-as awesome as Jamie Anderson is, there's possibly someone even cooler...


...and that would be Jamie Anderson's mom.  Because while mothers everywhere are always a major fixture of the Olympics, how many people have mothers who are waving a "Team Every1" banner?  Pretty darn cool, the Andersons are.

No comments: